SAFETY & PREVENTION MEASURES COVID-19
The health and safety of our employees, guests and partners remain our top priority. Following the guidelines of the World Health Organization as well as the National Health Authorities, Baoase Luxury Resort is taking extra steps to not only extensively clean and disinfect our resort grounds and accommodations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but to adhere to newly set-up protocols. Our goal is to keep our guests safe while they enjoy their holiday with peace of mind.
Regular training of our employees creates continuous awareness of COVID-19 and ensures the use of proper hand hygiene. This is vital to help combat the spread of viruses like COVID-19 while protecting the health of our employees and guests.
The following measures have been taken to ensure maximum safety during our guests’ stay with us, while maintaining the service levels that we are known for.
- We can arrange for a private transfer to and from the airport for all of our guests.
- The driver will welcome our guests at the airport, but will keep the required distance. Therefore, handshaking will be replaced with a respectful greeting.
- Drivers will be wearing personal protective equipment, like gloves and/or masks.
- The vehicle will be disinfected before every arrival and departure.
- Hand sanitizers are available.
ARRIVING AT BAOASE LUXURY RESORT
Our staff is fully trained with the new COVID-19 protocols, ensuring proper hand hygiene and continuous awareness. Social distancing, frequent hand hygiene, wearing a face mask and respiratory etiquette, are the main measures to prevent transmission of viruses. Although it is probable that our guests are already familiar with these measures, we will remind them of these measures as a form of hospitality.
- Social distancing not only includes refraining from hugging, kissing, or shaking guests’ hands, it also requires maintaining a distance of at least 2 m (6 ft) and avoiding anyone who is coughing or sneezing. These measures also apply to staff members when they are amongst each other.
- Hand hygiene is extremely important and requires regular and thorough cleaning of the hands by both employees and guests with an alcohol-based hand rub or by washing them with soap and water. It is also imperative to avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth. Hand disinfection is required after exchanging objects (money, credit cards) with guests.
- Respiratory etiquette needs to be adhered to, which means the mouth and nose have to be covered with bent elbow when coughing or sneezing, or a tissue needs to be used and should be disposed of immediately in a bin with a lid.
- Guests are greeted with a Balinese welcome rather than handshakes.
- Our porters will disinfect luggage with a disinfectant spray before entering the resort
- Antiseptic solution dispensers are available throughout the whole resort
- High touch surfaces and objects will be cleaned and disinfected regularly
- We offer a private check-in with a contactless procedure (pre-check in will be encouraged).
- A maximum number of guests are allowed in the Front Office area.
- Each guest will receive a private welcome meeting during which we will share information about the resort and about Curaçao.
- Extra Assistance can always be requested by phone or WhatsApp in order to minimize direct contact with staff.
- Enhanced hygiene measures will include the use of electrostatic spray technology, to achieve a higher level of coverage for the application of cleaners and sanitizers for surface disinfection. A range of specific extra measures such as the availability of hand sanitizers and the disinfection of hotel key cards, ensure the health and safety of our guests throughout their stay. The measures and guidelines will extend beyond guest areas into all back of house operations from suppliers to culinary preparation areas and housekeeping procedures.
- Antiseptic solution dispensers will be available throughout the whole resort
- Cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces in public areas will be carried out on a regular basis.
- Our housekeeping department will make use of new technology regarding disinfection procedures. With the use of electrostatic spraying technology, which has the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, we, at Baoase Luxury Resort will minimalize the spread of viruses.
- When occupancy allows, we, at Baoase Luxury Resort will do our utmost best to leave accommodations vacant for at least 48 hours before checking in new guests.
- Improved disinfection of the resort’s gym, including possible closing for extra cleaning multiple times per day depending on frequency of use.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gym, therefore guests need to sign in for a specific time slot.
RESTAURANT, BARS AND BEACH
- To ensure social distancing in our Baoase Culinary Beach Restaurant, we have created a safe distance of at least 2m (6 ft) between tables and seats. Individuals and family members who wish to be seated together may request to do so. Between different groups of guests a safe distance will be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the entrance of the restaurant and guests will be encouraged to use them.
- Our staff is trained to maintain a social distance of at least 2 meters.
SPA & WELLNESS
- One guest per massage session is allowed. Couple massages will not be offered until further notice.
- Hands and feet will be disinfected before the start of the massage. This applies to both the guest and the massage therapist.
- Personal items such as jewelry and clothing will be placed in a disposable bag.
- Disposable towels will be used for the headrest.
- When guest is laying face up, the massage therapist will be using a mask.
- The massage beds as well as all other surfaces in the massage gazebo will be disinfected before every massage
- To keep social distancing and hygiene in account, the same measures applied for check-in will be applied for check-out.
- A proforma invoice will be issued and sent by email in advance.
- Electronic payment will be encouraged so contact with the physical credit card can be avoided.
- Payment terminal will be disinfected before use.
PRECAUTIONS IF SIGNS OF ILLNESS
- If any of our hotel guests or colleagues develops symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness, we at Baoase Luxury Resort will help them to seek immediate medical assistance and we will work closely with the local authorities to put in place the most appropriate measures.
For more information or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.